Let’s Save Some Dogs Together!
The Rescue Partners Program was created to support the efforts of people working to save dogs every day in Austin, and to help rescue dogs stay in happy forever homes. Through this program, we provide positive, affordable, and sometimes entirely free dog training and behavior counseling options for dogs in foster care, or that have been adopted from a rescue.
How Do You Benefit? (rescues/shelters)
Request our Free New Dog, New Home class at your shelter or facility of choice to help your adopters get started off on the right paw with their new dogs.
- Dog-dog introductions and acclimating for multi-dog families (welcoming the new roomie)
- Food, attention, toys, and space resource management for safety.
- Establishing human leadership in a peaceful and guidance-based approach.
- Kennel training intro/ potty training hand out
- Creative exercise ideas and Q & A.
- Have a foster that needs some practice before going to their new home? Need to offer obedience as an adoption perk for one of your adoptable dogs?
- We offer 1 FREE spot in every course for a foster dog, awarded to one of our rescue partners (includes Leash Reactivity, Fearful dogs, and all other behavior classes, as well as obedience courses). First come, first serve. Rescue partners receive a coupon code to take advantage of this. All a foster or new adopter needs to do is register for the class and plug in the code. We take care of the rest!
- Limited access to free or reduced rate consultations/dog evaluations and temperament testing for foster dogs and foster-to-adopt situations.
- Free or reduced rate Skype training sessions.
- *Reduced rates on private training lessons.
- Have an adopter who needs to talk about some behavior issues? Just like our regular clients, we offer free phone and email support.
*Availability and location permitting.
Why work with Leaps N’ Hounds?
Rescues should be protective of their adopted dogs. If a dog has behavior issues, they want to recommend a trainer who is effective, affordable, and kind. Leaps N’ Hounds trainers are all of these things. We specialize at keeping happy dogs in their happy homes.
- People skills, we got ‘em! – Yes, we are dog people. We are also people-people that understand the value of diplomacy and non-judgemental guidance, which helps teach the toughest part of the equation in dog training: the human.
- We are kind. For us, it’s all about enjoying dogs. If we can help our clients bond with and appreciate their dog’s individuality while improving behavior, we are doing our jobs right.
- We are professionals. Certified, Dependable, Accountable, Communicative, Responsive, Insured, and Educated.
- No gimmicks. With minimal training equipment and tools, our clients achieve training goals quickly the right way: through guidance, communication, and meeting their dog’s needs.
- Highly rated. Endorsed by countless clients and local rescues, our reputation is a solid one built on our commitment to the dogs.
- Affordable. We offer split payments, affordable obedience classes, reduced private rates via Skype, and ongoing support after training is complete.
How it works
Become A Rescue Partner
Contact Crystal@LeapsNHounds.com. We can discuss how Leaps N’ Hounds can work best with your organization!
- Do you charge rescues to become part of this program?
There is no fee to become a Rescue Partner. Space and availability may be limited.
- How do you determine which dog gets the free spot?
It’s first come, first serve. All we require is foster parent/handler registration.
Click on our rescue partners below to see adoptable dogs!